Introduction with an average altitude of more than 3,500m, Tibet can truly be described as the roof of the world and its capital Lhasa is the heart and soul of this fascinating place. Despite the Chinese influence, it remains a city of wonders, from the splendours of the Potala Palace, which dominates the skyline, to the bustle of the local markets. Then of course there are the temples and monasteries such as the Jokhang and the Drepung Monasteries where one can soak up the atmosphere of the rich Buddhist culture.
We stay in the best traditional Tibetan hotel in Lhasa, centre of the city, close to the major attractions. With so much to see and explore in Lhasa, this will truly be an unforgettable experience.
Leaving Lhasa in our comfortable Toyota Landcruiser 4 wheel-drive, we’ll set off to our adventure tour through this amazing country, staying in the best traditional hotels Tibet has to offer. In the towns of Gyantse and Shigatse we will explore further monasteries and fully immerse ourselves in the Buddhist culture.
Highlights: * Lhasa 's main attractions - the Potala Palace , the Jokhang temple & more.
* Ancient monasteries of Yarlung Tsangpo valley including Samye monastery.
* Inspiring landscapes, super mountain views, rich Buddhist history and culture.
* English speaking Local Tibetan Guide
* Comfortable transportation / hotels with Tibetan character wherever possible
* complete hassle free Chinese (Tibetan) travel documentation
* Lhasa 's main attractions - the Potala Palace , the Jokhang temple & more.